Friday, January 21, 2011

Chili

Chili
1  lb organic ground beef (cooked)
2  15 oz cans pinto beans
2  14.5 oz cans organic diced tomatoes
1  2 oz package chili seasoning

This is my favorite way to make chili.  It makes enough to have a lot of leftovers.  You know I love cooking once & eating 2 or 3 meals out of it.  I just use 1 lb ground beef because we have learned to eat much less meat than we used to.  Then I add in 2 cans of pinto beans & 2 cans of diced tomatoes to make it really hearty & healthy.  I usually mix it mid-morning & let it simmer in the crock pot on low until dinner time.  It makes the house smell great!  Another bonus, chili is very filling & a pretty healthy, low calorie meal.  I like to eat it the next day on a baked potato.  That makes for another hearty & filling, low calorie meal.


I buy the Williams brand chili seasoning because of the ingredient list & it tastes great. 


I'm pretty sure my Rival crock pot is one of the crock pots with lead in it.  It's on the long list of things I need to replace with safer alternatives. 

No comments: