Thursday, May 19, 2011

Martin Park Nature Center


We recently spent a day at Martin Park Nature Center in Edmond, OK. Okay, it wasn't very recent...more like 1 1/2 months ago. I'm a little behind in blog world!




The kids loved feeding the turtles.








The kids & I wore flip flops, which turned out not to be the best idea.  Note to self:  wear tennis shoes when going hiking through the woods.




Another thing I learned ~ bring bathing suits for the kids to play in the water.  Or at least bring an extra change of clothes just in case.







Allen took a picture of me just to prove I was on this adventure with my family.  Since I'm always taking the pics, there's never any pictures of me.  I'm sure all moms have this issue.



Garrett collected walking sticks the whole day.  He'd set one down, forget about it, then yell "where's my walking stick!?!?"  Ahhh, the joys of two year olds!




We've been wanting to go camping & after this adventure, Sydney decided camping sounded awesome.  So we are desperately hoping to have a little camping getaway soon.  Allen & I used to camp a lot before we had kids and we absolutely love it.  There's nothing like waking up to nature, cooking your dinner on a camp fire, napping when you're tired, eating when you're hungry, having no concept of time.  It's so relaxing.  I can't wait to show my kids this world soon.


No comments: