Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Days...Round 2

We are having quite the winter wonderland in Oklahoma this year! 


Sydney has had more snow days from school this year than I think I had my entire childhood!  As a kid, I remember watching the school closings scroll across the tv screen.  Fingers crossed, anxiously hoping that our school's name would appear.  But it rarely did.  Our area never quite got enough snow to shut down school.  However, the last three winters we have had major snow storms.  It's kinda fun.  I admit, I was a little grumpy about being snowed in for 4 days last week.  But as soon as the snow melted, the weatherman warned us of round 2 coming & I was determined not to be a grump about it this time around. 



I actually love it when Sydney's school gets cancelled.  I don't have to set my alarm and do the drop off & pick up.  And Garrett & I love having her home with us!  I just fear that school will go on until June to make up for all these missed days!


I had two main goals for today.  1. Make valentine boxes for the kids and 2. NOT to make a chocolate cake!  I made snow ice cream instead.  I am a foodie, what can I say.  Too bad I don't have an excellent metabolism.  I used Paula Deen's recipe & it turned out extremely RICH.  I think I'll try the milk & sugar version next time.

8 c snow {clean!}
14 oz condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla


The kids loved it.  It was their first time having snow ice cream.




Sydney had fun making her Valentine box. 




She's having a party at school Monday & gets to bring it.  I'm taking Garrett to the party so I wanted him to have a box too.  But he had zero interest in decorating a box.


And yes, he stayed in his pajamas all day.  Don't judge me.  I did put new pj's on for bedtime. :)  Sydney was nice enough to decorate his box.  He was annoyed that she put hearts on it though.  He is a man's man.





For some reason, when I tell the kids to "say cheese", this is the look Garrett gives me.  Every time.


I also just had to share a picture of Barbie that made me giggle when I found her.  It looks like she's had a rough day.  Some days, I can really relate to this chick.  Although, my clothes are not nearly as stylish.


School is closed again tomorrow.  Yipppeee!

1 comment:

Barefoot Studios Ok, LLC said...

I love the pic of the tree's shadow on the snow!!

I love Garretts picture face, and I feel like that Barbie on most days!