Thursday, February 24, 2011

Date Night On A School Night

Allen & I had a little date night on a Tuesday night.  Whoa!  We are wild and crazy kids, I tell ya!  We went to see Heartless Bastards for the first time & were very impressed!  They sounded great & were very nice.  I was shocked at how few people showed up though.  Come on Oklahomans!  You had the chance to see Heartless Bastards for $12.  Where were you?


Since the crowd was so so small, we got to stand right in front of the stage & get a very up close experience.  It was awesome for me since I'm 5'2" & usually can't see a dang thing at concerts.  I mean,  I could see her shoes!  How cool is that?  She had very cute black heels with her jeans, by the way. 

 



I really liked one band that opened for them, Horse Thief.  Not to be confused with Horse Beef...which is what I thought they said at first.  Horse Thief makes much more sense. :)  They recently moved here and wrote a song about Oklahoma, which I loved!  It's called "Warrior".  You can listen to it here.

Allen & I had an annoying realization that night.  We're getting older.  Blah.  For a while, we were the oldest people in the room.  Then an older group came in.  Then I realized they were probably Horse Thief's parents.  Blah.  You know you're getting older when you feel hungover the next day & you didn't have a drop of alcohol.  I drank water all night & woke up feeling hungover & sore, simply because I did not get enough sleep.  Hello 30's.  On that note, here's Heartless Bastards singing "Done Got Old".  ;)

No comments: