Monday, February 28, 2011

Farm Life


We spent Sunday planting a family garden at Allen's parent's house.  I am so excited to be doing a garden this big for the whole family to participate in.  I'm still going to plant my smaller garden at home too.  




Sydney, Garrett & their cousin Addison had so much fun outside getting their hands in the dirt.  Garrett would never come inside if he had it his way.  Sydney was a really big help planting everything.  I love that we're teaching our kids this great way of life!



All the girls decided to rock bandannas for the day.




We planted potatoes, onions, radishes, & several kinds of lettuce.  We'll be planting much more later.  My Mother-In-Law is going to teach me canning & I am so excited to learn!



Garrett really needs a hair cut!  I tried cutting it myself one time and gave him a very nerdy bowl cut on accident.  I decided to leave all hair cuts to the professionals!  {aka, my friend Roxanne}



We are raising chickens too.  I'm a little nervous about this part & hope seeing the ENTIRE process does not turn me vegetarian!  I think I can handle it.  It is difficult to find affordable, local, free range, antibiotic & hormone free chicken.






A few years ago, I would've never imagined myself doing these kinds of things & loving every minute of it.  Remember...

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."~George Eliot