Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010...Hello 2011

I love the feeling of the new year beginning.  The feeling of wiping the slate clean and starting over.  Like most people, the new year brings for me fresh ideas and inspiration.  That feeling that I can make this new year anything I want it to be.  2010 was a year of self discovery for me.  It was the year of moving on after such a great loss & learning to live my life again and in a new way. 

I am feeling a desire to do more and tap into my creative side.  Whether my creations be food, crafts, art, photos or all of the above.  I want to take little adventures and explore Oklahoma.  I want to spend time in a cabin in the woods and take pictures of nature and my kids.  I want to learn to knit and play the piano.  I want to learn to use my new camera! {Thanks again, Allen.}  I have several business ideas buzzing in my head, but being here for Garrett is my first priority during the day...so if those ideas are do-able, great.  If not, one day way too soon, Garrett will be in school & I will have more time to pursue business ideas.  {I cannot even think about him going to school without freaking out.}

I want to take gardening to the next level now that I, somewhat, know what I'm doing.  I want to eat as organically and locally as possible.  We will be getting a Whole Foods soon and I am so excited to see it.  I've never been in one and I am picturing a grocery store utopia.  I want to learn to can food and raise chickens.  I want to learn to make more types of breads, like french breads and baguettes.  And I am very excited to make eating homemade food convenient.  I have a ton of ideas in my head and have been trying some things out.  I can't wait to share it all soon. 

I have personal goals too.  Things I want to do to improve myself inside and out.  Like so many people, I STILL want to lose weight.  I do not care about being a certain weight or size.  I just want to feel good in my own skin, like the way I look in my clothes and feel strong and energetic.  I want to take care of my body now so that it will work for me when I'm older.

2010 Year End Review
* Garrett turned 2

* Sydney turned 6

* I turned 32

* Allen turned 33

* Allen & I had our 9 year anniversary

* Sydney started all day Kindergarten

* We decided our family was complete

* We learned to eat organic & cook from scratch

* We grew our first garden

* We simplified & cut back on our spending

* We started paying off debt

* We stayed home A LOT

* I changed my hair like 5 times

* Allen grew a woolly beard

* We started going to church

* I exercised pretty consistently

* I started blogging

* I stopped using any over the counter meds, other than the occasional Tylenol or Ibuprofen.  Instead, I started treating colds with humidifiers, netti pots, gurgling salt water, homemade chicken noodle soup, lots of water & rest.

* We switched many of our household & hygiene products to non-toxic versions {Tom's, Burt's Bees, Seventh Generation, & lots of vinegar}

* I loved these bands:
The Avett Brothers
Band of Horses
Fleet Foxes
Kings of Leon
Bon Iver
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Local Natives
Passion Pit
Arcade Fire
The Black Keys
Florence & the Machine
Camera Obscura
She & Him
Cat Power
The Joy Formidable
The Middle East
Phoenix

I can't wait to see what the next year brings for us!



This is the look Allen gives me when I take pictures of
us doing totally random things in public.
~ HAPPY NEW YEAR! ~

No comments: