Monday, November 22, 2010

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

I am trying more and more to live my life by this mantra.  I used to think "I'll do great things...when I'm skinny enough...when there's no debt...when there's more money...when..."  But I'm learning to live in the moment.  To be happy today, in this skin, at this weight, with this debt.  That's not to say I don't want to improve things, but I will no longer put off my happiness until goals are reached.  Every day that my family & I have our health & have each other is a day to be thankful for.

So I do what I can, with what I have, where I am.  I volunteer my time at Sydney's school because with 25 kids packed into a classroom, the teachers could not do their job properly without parent involvement.  I give what I can every Sunday to my little church that struggles to pay the bills.  We are working hard to pay off our debt, so there are no vacations these days, but I make sure our house is clean, warm & inviting so that we are happiest within these walls anyways.  I cook for my family.  And I play with my kids the good ol fashion way every single day so that they do not notice there's no Wii or Xbox, no vacations & no elaborate outings. 

No comments: