Thursday, August 26, 2010

1st Day of All Day Kindergarten

I gave myself until this Monday to cry and be sad about Sydney starting all day Kindergarten.  I'm a big believer in letting it all out and getting your emotions and thoughts off your chest.  I'm much better now.  And Sydney has adjusted so well and is loving Kindergarten.  I think she's already taken on a leadership role!  She has been chosen several times to walk students to the office and then walk herself back to class.   She said "I felt like such a big girl walking in the hall by myself!"  Ahhh, makes this Momma so proud!

Here she is on the first day of school, wearing the outfit she picked out.  And of course, her hair all down, the way she likes it.  (as opposed to in a cute do with matching bows the way I like it!)

Look how much she's changed since her first day of Pre-School 1 year ago!



Garrett and I have been having fun, just the two of us.  We baked cookies for Sydney on her first day of school.  Seeing him standing on the chair pulled up the the counter, helping me bake reminded me of Sydney when she was 2.  It's amazing how time flies.  I'm thankful for the one on one time I have with Garrett now.  I can take him to do all the things I did with Sydney at this age.  And he is certainly loving having my undivided attention all day!



No comments: