Monday, June 27, 2011

Daydreaming

I have a few big items on my wish list.  Since we are currently trying to be very frugal, these purchases aren't in the cards right now.  So for now, I am daydreaming about...


I drive a 12 year old GMC that we bought used 7 years ago.  It's been a great car until the last year.  And really, it's still not too shabby.  Old cars just need a lot of maintenance.  But I have the new {to me} car bug.  I have thought long and hard and decided I want a black Ford Edge, when the time comes.  I only buy American cars.  This is something that was ingrained in me by my Dad.  And now that I'm older, I can really appreciate where he was coming from.  I've decided on the Ford Edge because I think it's cute, just the right amount of roominess for our family of 4 and it has a high safety and quality rating.  And the big reason is that a used one is affordable.  I would definitely buy used.  New cars are so over priced.  So one day, I hope to be sporting this car. 


I would absolutely love an in-ground pool.  We spend most of our time at home and I'm a firm believer in making your home what you want it to be.  We'll never be the kind of family to take extravagant vacations.  Mainly because it's too much hassle and too much money.  So I think a pool would be fabulous.  We'd save our money and stay home!  And talk about good exercise.  I also like the idea of the kids staying home to hang out when they're teenagers. 


And my last big day dream purchase is a travel trailer to go camping.  When we do take vacations, I'd love for them to be camping trips to different areas of Oklahoma.  Before kids, I was a "rough it" in the woods kind of girl.  But with kids, I would like a little more shelter from the elements.  This would be awesome!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Is that your Aunt's Pool? I so want one too. Love the car! I say, DO IT! You deserve it!

Indie Liz said...

No, it's just a pic off the internet. I'm trying to be patient on the car thing, but eventually, I'll get one!